Regardless of the platform or browser on which you have decided to use Gmail, Google’s email service, you never want to miss an important email. Luckily, Gmail allows us to set up notifications, both on our Smartphone and on our computer! If you want to set up your Gmail notifications on your computer, pay attention to the how-to we bring you today.
Enable Gmail notifications in Chrome on your PC
When we talk about enabling notifications on a computer, it depends on which browser we use. We will start with Google Chrome users. All you have to do is pay attention to the following steps:
- Click on the Google Chrome menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced and click on Content settings.
- Click on the Notifications option and unblock Gmail notifications.
Enable Gmail notifications in Firefox on your PC
Enabling Gmail notifications on Firefox is just as simple.
- In the browser bar type “about: preferences #content “.
- If the “Do not disturb” box is enabled, disable it.
Enable Gmail notifications in Safari on your PC
We finish this guide with the Safari browser for your computer. It’s just as simple as for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so do not suffer!
- Click on the Notifications Center, which is located to the right of your browser’s menu.
- Go to preferences and select “Allow web pages to request permission to send notifications”.
Ready! These are the methods to enable Gmail notifications on your computer, now let’s activate them!
How to activate Gmail notifications
Once you have enabled the notifications in your browser, you just have to access Gmail from your computer and go to Settings. Scroll down until you find “Click to enable notifications” and be sure to also check the “New email notifications on” option, which is off by default. And done!